Spring is finally here, and it’s the perfect time to bring out the barbecue, but you don’t want to have people over if your lawn isn’t clean. Spring cleaning is a tedious chore, but with the right plan you can make it easier.
At Superyards we take pride in being the top Calgary lawn care company. We specialize in both commercial and residential lawn care. Now is the time to get started on your lawn to have it beautiful before summer comes.
Below are two ways to help get your lawn off to a great start for summer:
- Take a walk around your yard and look for any patches of dirt or dead grass.
- Rake up any missed leaves using a leaf rake, not a metal rake. Power raking is the best way to do this. If you have a dog, clean up anything left behind from it and then thoroughly flush the area with water.
- Mow your lawn so you can move about it freely and comfortably.
- Aerate your lawn to reduce puddle formation and improve drainage.
- Fertilize your entire lawn so the grass can grow properly and add sod to any areas where grass is not already growing. This would also be a good time to use herbicides if you have a lot of problems with weeds.
- Start pulling any weeds that have already started to grow.
- Compost everything you have raked up and the weeds you have picked to help your lawn regain key nutrients.
- Call us to do it for you!